PoNS Treatment™: Restoring balance through noninvasive neuromodulation
About PoNS Treatment™
PoNS Treatment™ is an intensive, customized, state-of-the-art neurological rehabilitation plan. Built on science and research, PoNS Treatment™ has been shown to help people with chronic balance deficit caused by mild-to-moderate traumatic brain injury (mmTBI).
This treatment was shown in a 26-week clinical trial to restore balance to the normal range for a majority of study participants. For most participants, this balance improvement persisted during a predefined 12-week follow-up period after discontinuation of treatment, suggesting retention of the treatment effect.
In patients who have experienced an mmTBI
The moment of impact can have a lasting effect
capacity to return to work and quality of life.
Dizziness / Coordination
Trouble climbing stairs
Difficulty completing everyday tasks
High risk of falling
When symptoms persist, evidence indicates that neurostimulation combined with physical therapy can potentially affect rehabilitation outcomes
PoNS Treatment™ provides an innovative and effective therapy
The Treatment pairs the PoNS™ device with specific physical and cognitive exercises
- The device is portable and simple to use
- During each session, the patient places a paddle-shaped mouthpiece on the tongue and wears a controller around the neck. Patients feel a mild sensation while using the device
- Patients have complete control over the intensity throughout the training
- PoNS Treatment™ is conducted by PoNS™ Trainers—rehabilitation therapists who complete specialized training through a certification course
How can PoNS Treatment™ help to improve your balance?
- PoNS Treatment™ combines mild stimulation of the tongue with targeted training
- Translingual stimulation of the trigeminal and facial nerves initiates a cascade of neural activity, resulting in neuromodulation
- Multiple sequential training sessions lead to reduction of symptoms
- The combination of stimulation with targeted training may enhance the neuroplastic effect, which results in functional improvements in balance and gait
The Heuro™ Program uses approaches to leverage this important healing process
How do I get started with the Heuro™ Program featuring the PoNS Treatment™?
Visit the clinic to start the treatment.
Financing is available to help you access the Heuro™ Program and improve affordability of the program cost. Contact a clinic to explore treatment options and cost.
Triad of care
Our model of care is composed of three essential elements: noninvasive and innovative medical devices, physical therapy, and a personalized care team supporting our clients along each step of the way. The Heuro™ Program is constantly evaluated and fine-tuned to ensure we offer the most up-to-date treatments possible.